Pages

Wednesday 14 January 2015

Greyscale Dragon Dreams!

Hi Everyone

Hope you are all settling in to the swing of 2015.  Christmas seems like an age away already!  I decided I would like this year to try some new things out and one of them was having a go at colouring in Monochrome.  Nervous is the word I will use to describe how I felt before I started but I am pretty pleased with the end result.  The Image is a Delicious Doodles Image and is called Dragon Dreams.  I have previously coloured this image in greens and thought it would be a good image to do my first Monochrome colouring with as its a Darker Image.  I coloured her using Promarkers.  All the Ice Grey Colours and a touch of Black.  As this is for a Friends Boyfriend  I wanted to keep the Easel Card layout fairly CAS and she doesn't really look like a Flourish and Flowers type of girl!  I used a Black Bazzil Basics as my Base/Frame Layer and then added White and Polka Dot Card too.  I used Precious Hearts Die from Memory Box, cut these in Black and White and then glued them onto the White Ribbon Border.  I Hand Stamped both the Sentiments using Tuxedo Memento Inkpad and to finish added a Black Gem to the Heart Dies.

I would like to enter this card into the following Challenges


 

I hope that I did a good job of Greyscale Colouring on my first attempt.  I really enjoyed trying something new.  I am hoping to have a go at Sepia Colouring so please look out for that!

Thank you for visitng my blog, please leave me a comment to let me know what you think.  I love reading your comments, they mean alot to me!  Hope you can come back again soon!

23 comments:

  1. What a fabulous image! Love the way the spotted background mirrors the scales on her back. They coordinate perfectly :-) Thanks for joining us at LOC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Lisa this is fantastic just love it and of course love the image great colour's and design and also thank you for joining us at Crafty Catz this week
    Dianne xx :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super card, great technique, thanks for joining in our challenge at Fab'n'Funky.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic! Your colouring of this amazing image looks fabulous, and it's a great design! Love the monochrome! Thanks for joining us at Fab n Funky this week!
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love grey scale you have rocked tut banks for joining in at Punk You Girl

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great design. Love the grey tones.
    Thank you for sharing with us at Cardz 4 Guys Challenge. - Myrna January 2015 Guest Designer

    ReplyDelete
  7. a lovely mono card, thank you for joining us at crafty catz challenge
    Tilly

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is AWESOME.... truly.... love everything about it... thanks for joining us on our "birthday" challenge at Digi Choosday's Challenge.....xo Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  9. The monochromatic colour scheme certainly fits with the theme of this card.
    Thanks for joining in with the birthday challenge over at C4G. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing with A Step in the Darkness! Super image and love the greys and black!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think you did a great job with the grey scale. I really love this image that you did this with. Thank You for sharing with us over at The Robyn's Fetish Challenge Blog.

    Michelle (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty, love the monochromatic feel of this card. Great job! Thank you for sharing with us at LOC challenges!
    Peace,
    Kristy
    (LOC DT)

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG Lisa I am blown away by your colouring of this stunning image, it is absolutely amazing, the shading is perfect, the simple design and the spotty paper are fantastic, this is a truly top notch creation you should be so proud of yourself you have done an awesome job.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great Monochrome Technique. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at Penny's Paper-Crafty. We would love to see you again ... Anet DTx

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is great. I like your grey-tone colouring.
    Thanks for joining us at Inspiration Destination.
    xxx Michelle (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Now wearing another hat...Great card! Thanks for sharing with Crafting from the Heart!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful card and beautiful coloring! Thanks for sharing with us at LOC.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely card, great technique
    Thank you for your entry at Scrapping4funChallenges.
    Rachelle DT
    http://scrapping4funchallenges.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Phenomenal!!!!! Great job in coloring monochromatic!!!! Thanks for joining us this week at Crafting from the Heart and good luck!
    Hugs,
    Lynne, Crafting from the Heart DT

    ReplyDelete
  20. wow you really did a great job coloring this!!! Fabulous easel card.

    Thanks for joining us in our January B-days challenge at Digi Choosday Crafting Vicky (DT) I’m doing a giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  21. Breathtaking. Love your card, you did a fab job with the colouring. Thanks for sharing with us at Inky Impressions this week.
    Cheers Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Lisa!
    Thank you so much for joining us at Scrapping4Fun Challenges.
    I love the monochrome art.
    Have a great day.
    Hugs Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  23. Awesome monochromatic colouring and card! Thanks for joining us at PunkyouGirl (c:

    ReplyDelete

Hi There. I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Hope to see you again soon